Information taken from Cliqstudios
See how quick and easy it is to measure your kitchen. This measuring guide is easy to use (yes, it really is easy) and helps collect the basic information to help you and your designer start your design. This does not have to be a work of art but just a clear and accurate drawing of your space. MOST IMPORTANT…PLEASE TAKE A PICTURE WITH YOUR PHONE OF THE AREA YOU WANT TO REMODEL OR REPLACE. Also important is that your drawing be neat. Here are the few simple steps.
- Your kitchen shape – Draw you kitchen as a box showing all the walls that you think will have cabinets. Be sure to include any major structural features or obstacles. Like which way a door swings, how big is your refrigerator or how wide your stove is and how high is your ceiling. Do you have a cook top or a dishwasher?
- Draw it out – Mark any openings such as windows and doorways. Be sure to include radiators or other obstacles that affect where cabinets can be installed . Now,label all the openings in your kitchen. In this sketch you’ll use areas A through I. Record these letters as a key on your sketch
For example – The letter”A” can be the size of one wall. This wall equals 100″ but you have a stove top within this wall space…draw where the stove top will be and how big it is.
The letter “B”is another wall to a window and this equals 36”
The letter “C”may be a window and it equals 72” wide.
The letter “D” is the remaining wall and it equals to 36″ Now isn’t that easy.
- Measure – Now it’s time to get out the tape measure. Measure all the openings from outside edge to outside edge and fill in the key. If you are uncomfortable with precise measurements feel free to round to the nearest inch. Remember this is just to get started. Your designer will confirm details later.
- Your Layout – Most people already have a good idea of where the major items will go in their kitchen. Feel free to draw your ideas of what you would like and include the placement of your sink and appliances.
- Pictures of Your Kitchen – What can really help your designer is to take “before” pictures of your kitchen or bathroom and send them along with your measurements.
That’s it! You’re done! It is that easy to measure your kitchen.